BAKE Tracker

Wednesday 5 November 2014

I AM APPEARING IN A SONG VIDEO....The Chronicles of a fresha continues



You have ever wished in your life to appear on TV even if its just a snippet view once. Everybody loves fame, attention, and a little pride, we are human beings. I have occasionally seen people who make me watch a song/advert or just a video recording repeatedly so that i can see them. The situation is always like..."peleka mbele kidogo,,aa umepita, rewind kiasi, tena kidogo,,apo apo apo pause..unaona huyo mtu ako na T-shirt ya blue uko nyuma...sasa nyuma yake ni mimi." its stressing even to identify them but they have to insist that you re-watch until you see them. I won't blame you coz i am a victim. However, i saw my friend on Jicho Pevu #TheKanyariSaga but she has refused to admit that she is the one up to now.

"Vinnie, get ready because i am shooting a video for my song and i want you to appear on it, wee ni mtu wangu siezi kusahau," my fresha friend said bragging-ly. These were the best news, it was like receiving blessing from Pastor Kanyari without the Mbegu ya 310 or an M-Pesa of 5,000 from an unknown number. After the anxiety replenished, i went back to my friend and asked. "ati umesema tunashoot vida" he replied positively but i was not through with him. "sasa nikumaanisha nitakua kwa video yako, az in ukishoot video nitakua, hio ni kumaanisha nitatokea kwa TV," one question in a million styles. He got bored by the rhetoric questions just like you and you are only reading.

The next step involved preparation for the big party, bragging to my friends on how i will appear on TV soon. If twitter was alive, hashtag #vinnieakokwavideo could be trending, but it only made it on my Facebook updates. Everyone became envious, you know freshaz think a celebrity is a person from another planet. That is why we could meet a Tahidi High actor on the street and stand for a whole hour discussing him or her, loudly. They are human beings just like us, acting is their employment just like mjengo is to me.  We could admire them and even update our Facebook status, "hanging out with Eric Omondi" and you did not even manage to say hi. This behavior sucks, let celebs live their lives just like normal people.

The cast members were ready, i had chosen the right outfit for my celebrity inaugural day. TV here i come, this video will be the talk of the town, i would soon be on everybody's lips. Oh God, you would think i was the composer or the artist of the song. Plans went on well and by ten in the morning we were on location. Cameras were set, the production team was ready, and the anxiety even grew bigger.

However, i smelled a rat, something was not very right, maybe left. The hotel was so cozy and resembled a bossy lifestyle. I thought drinks and food were catered for i even came from the hostel empty stomach. My friend never try that, i staid hungry for 7 hours. Secondly, the producer had come with another crew that seemed stylish and camera friendly than we looked. I hear they are called video vixens. That did not worry me much, after all the artist "ni mtu wangu."

We did what had brought us, and lights were on, cameras rolling, music flowing and change of clothes every now and then, i had only carried a pair, so i could not change. One thing that bored mi is the repetition of scenes, Cut, cut, action, no take another shot, Gosh they were boring why cant they just take one song in 30 minutes and leave. After all, a song lasts only 3 minutes. All in all the day was over.


The following day i was already asking my fresha-artist whether the video was out. Gosh its only a day, he replied angrily. This was a daily routine for at least two months, my hopes died. But when they were about to be buried, the producer called him with good news, my hopes resurrected before their burial. We rushed to town to pick the song, no more classes today, but showing people the video. Unfortunately, we reviewed the song around 15 times without a sneak view of Vinnie in the video. I was edited, the video vixens took almost the entire show, but i could see the color of my shirt in a scene that shown a large crew of people from far. I could not believe i wasted my class time rehearsing on how to appear on a video in vain. I cant stop crying, but my dreams are still valid. If you continue reading my stories on my blog vinniewatz.blogspot.com, i will appear on the Trend




No comments:

Post a Comment