BAKE Tracker

Monday 20 July 2015

OBAMA IS SLIM...SIZE DISCRIMINATION

THE CHRONICLES ARE "OBAMATIVE"

With uncle Barack coming home like Nameless this Friday, i figured out what we have in common and how it affects my stay in this globe.

For a fact, we share nothing based on his figurative and noble stature in the society whereas I am just an individual who is below the poverty level, living for 2 USD a day. He is Kenyan like me, but we hail from very different regions, even though my skin color depicts his region, we differ very much. Our names, his first name starts with a "B", the second letter in the alphabet, well, mine starts with a "V", just figure out where i am placed.

Hold on, there is something we have in common, body structure. We are both slim but he is slightly taller than me with a height of 6'1 while i am 5'8. He is a black American, so we cannot compete with heights, I am definitively vertically challenged. However, for the size I am pretty sure i can raise for the occasion. Many politicians especially Africans (Obama is obviously an African) are characterized with obesity, but my uncle has a flat belly.

Talking of Obama's Size, my mind is taken aback to situation that occur back here at home. When you visit your "shagz" (up country), the first exclamation is always you have gained or lost weight. For my mother, having a tummy and a body full of flesh is a sign of having a good life. 1 GB individuals just like me will never get a positive comment from my up-country fellows. This got me thinking, why are small-sized individuals disrespected?

I was once taking a group of students for a competition and when their teacher was called out I appeared. To my amazement, I was told to go and come with another teacher as I was very young to represent them. I politely asked, what age should a teacher have to represent students. You know what, I was told not the age but the size. WHAAAAT!!! I remembered once my friend who went for an interview for a HRM position, he was refused for he had a slender size.

Another example that will fit all Kenyans is what happens in our night clubs. Most of them will accommodate everyone on Mondays because there are no customers. On Tuesdays the age limit will be 18 and 23 on Fridays. I am obviously past this age, but i cannot access a club without producing my identity card. Actually, when i forget my ID i always find my younger friends sweet talking the bouncers on my behalf as they are considered older just because of their body mass. When i try to stop a car on the road the driver will probably pass me as if he dint see me wave. The main reason is that he is afraid to be mugged, but when a guy with a huge belly and probably white hair stops a car, the driver has to stop. The police are also in this, when they meet you in town and you are size 8, my friend prepare to sleep behind the bars...

I am tired of being size-ly discriminated, can someone donate some flesh to me or stop this madness. By the way, uncle Barack when you come, can we visit those body mass weighing machine that are located all over the town. Actually, the one at Aghan Khan Walk which talks to you. I need to know your size before you are size-ly discriminated in Kenya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment