BAKE Tracker

Tuesday 4 August 2015

THE SIMPLEST BREAK-UP...EVER!

It started like a joke; seriously, i din't see it come but i had to make a decision and move on with life.

Our relationship had taken close to eight years, everybody new that we have been together. Each evening i looked forward to meeting my one and only, i made calls, gushed to our rendezvous each time i saw a chance. But this was all going to end, it was time we had to brush our shoulders and say with confidence, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH...

The day we broke up was much prepared, both psychologically, emotionally, and physically. I had visited a therapist prior to this day so that i can be strong for this major lifetime event. As i sat there waiting for the prime hour to arrive, memories whirled round my wits as i remembered how it all started. A shy young boy who was raised in the christian ways had defied all odds and decided to strike a move. A move that was seen as temptation, sin, a vice, but i had to do it. I had already joined high school, so i had to be like other men. I had to be bold and go against my parents' advice and try my own ways. Little did i know that it would end just like a snap!

Breaking up is not easy, it is just not a decision to make overnight. The message is so hefty that it cannot be conveyed via Watsapp or other social networking site. It requires the person to face it and blurt out whatever words will come out of his juke-box of a mouth. As i sat there calmly, i thought of the expected results of our break-up; losing friends, lacking a place to pass time, especially during weekends, feeling sunken and wasted for all those years...bla bla bla

At exactly 5 p.m in the evening, we were sitting together. I tried as much as possible to avoid a direct eye contact because i couldn't believe that i was the one to initiate the break-up. My lips were heavy, my eyes were now red and succulent, the hands were encroached in between the legs as if i had been dropped to the Antarctica. I had prepared this day for more than a week, but when it came i just felt fear all over me. I wished it would end like a dream and wake up to another reality.

Like all men do, i decided to it just the last time before we break-up. I moved closer without looking up front. She was there waiting for my next move. Her presence frightened the hell out of me and i just kept wondering, will i do it? Confidence was piling up rapidly just like a thermometer, i could feel my heart-beat pounding loud in my lungs. I stretched my arms, moved closer, looked at her, and words started flowing like a stream. I could not believe that it was happening just for the last time between us. At last i told her, "give me the last one." The waiter looked at me and said "really Vinnie you are quitting alcohol?.  Then she opened the refrigerator and passed me another beer. It was hard to believe that i was quitting alcohol, this break-up was so emotional that i posted all the hashtags that we can have. I felt low for a moment, the waiter was just discouraging me saying that she knew i will be back in a few. But i had already said enough was enough, our relationship with alcohol had taken ages, destroying most of my plans and it was time to let it go. So i broke-up with alcohol, not with anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment