BAKE Tracker

Tuesday 6 October 2015

SPORT-PESA "The Chronicles of a Fresha...

My dear skirts and trousers, its been long since we had a chart about campus life, for those unfamiliar we call it "the chronicles of a fresha"

Money has always been the problem, "chumz, mullar, dough, cents, cash" and all other acronyms you can get as long as they refer to money. So it happened that i was on my financial crisis period as usual. Man, i was too broke to an extent of joining the Christian Union students who had dedicated the entire week to fast, mine was to avoid seeing food. The first day was successful, i went on hungry the whole day as we prayed and interceded. The problem arose in the evening because my CU counterparts could eat well and replenish their bodies after going hungry the entire day. For me, everything was not okay.  

Why is it when your so hungry is when your neighbors prepare aromatic meals and all adverts you see on TV are about food? It was unfortunate that i had to endure this unpleasant situation as the hostel was filled with nice aromatic smell as i passed along the corridors. There was this block that had a history experiencing blackouts. It reminded me of my high-school years where we disconnected electricity in our dormitory in order to conduct uncouth businesses there. So as i passed along the corridors with my lean stomach that was now attached to the back due to hunger, this aroma of cooking meat could hardly pass my nostrils. It was so conk that i had to peep on its direction, and i immediately sniffed the direction it came from. As soon as i approached that direction, i saw a lighting "jiko" with a "sufuria" on top and i supposed there was meat cooking inside. Without hesitation, i grabbed the entire cargo from the cooking fire, pot, lid, and gushed towards my room in a lightening speed. It was the only way that i was going to sustain my starving self or else the situation could have worsened.

I was salivating profusely and i could not hide my joy. I had million plans on how i would start enjoying my feast and dispose the cooking gadgets to kill any evidence. I thought of putting the food in a paper and pretend that i had bought it at the market place and eat it at my own pace. Greed and hunger could not allow me, i had to scoop the hot and viscous soup straight from the cooking pot. Just after i had made my first gulp, i saw the door's handle fly open and "Wanyonyi" entered my room so agitated. I forgot that the same aroma that had made me discover the meal, led him to the "food thief." He did not look friendly and it was not time to smile at each other, the situation was worse. Everybody knew Wanyonyi's appetite, it could not be quantifiable. It became worse when he was angry, a hungry man is an angry man, remember. I clearly knew that he would swallow me plus the stolen meal. I was a dead man walking.

Wanyonyi called out my name loudly and asked what was happening. Before i could explain myself, he told me to eat slowly and return the sufuria and jiko later. I could not believe my ears, it was very unusual for a wephukulu to leave his plate, especially to a thief. With this embarrassment, somebody introduced me to a simpler way of making money. It was about betting or do i say gambling, keep on the chronicles of fresha to see how gambling made my day bad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment